TECHNET Archives

November 2001

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:08:44 -0600
Had to reply to someone, and many others, I respect very much:

> Wow! Seems like I hit the high pressure setting on Moonman's boiler.

Ah Peter, I never reach such a High PREssure SETTing ON MY BOILER. My relief
valve is set on low - depending on paycheck size and how well I do (often
overpaid and ineffective). Hell, you never see me getting so outraged that I
LOOSE CONTROL.

You asked a great question understanding it was asked under extreme duress
at the back end of a completed process in a place and society,
notwithstanding technical culture, I have seldom visited.  How could I, or
anyone else, get pissed about that - so don't be embarrased? Love you babe!

I make way too much money correcting that which is unfixable. Simply, it's
what I do after having found, or finding me, so many needing this stuff.
You, and so many others including Zhu, ask so many questions having been
answered so many times before. I love you babe for asking these questions
over again knowing all the while you have the answers but have to work for
those not knowing You have provided so many answers as well though more
complex questions need answers and are not proven even in IPC standards,
guidelines, and specifications. I'm writing a book on that very matter. So
what!

You have the same responsibilities as me. You have to ask the questions, as
me, having been provided by you, WE, PH, GC, SZ, MM, and all the others
having given so much free time to all these issues - on and off line.

The bottom line is there are no embarrassing questions just as as there are
no communication lines too long. IPC, and others, have made it too simple.
Added to that, many free givers, as Werner, Steve, Phil, and all, have
already given all the answers. How hard can it be? Amazingly, it gets much
harder as designs get more complex.

DFM/CE is alien to almost everyone but those few really practicing it. I
only know a few.

It is what technocratic dreams are made of but not fully realized. Those
practicing it, are fulfilled with a sense of knowing how easy it can be.
Those not, ask questions like how to overcome 100% inspection with a
sampling plan when their suppliers are out of control or their designs suck.
Certainly they ask because there is no design/process compatibility. There's
not DFM/CE.

Again, for me, I make a living attempting to assure this "dream" is
realized. It's good money, but little satisfaction. It's better giving it
away here than getting paid for it in BF Montana with my social club, or
wherever/whatever.

Again and again I love you babe as desparate as you may be. Been there, done
that, still feeling as you. However, the designs can't be that good without
DFM/CE.

MoonMan who cares about you

It was