TECHNET Archives

November 2001

From:
Hinners Hans M Civ WRALC/LUGE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:31:29 -0500
Hi Ken,

A plea from a former Lamination Engineer.  Use any spacing you like but
leave some copper in the gap to avoid a low pressure area and wrinkles if
they use foil lam.  The venting/theft pattern should be offset from one
layer to the next.  This avoids creating high spots.  The CAM guys & gals
used to kill me with huge gaps.  Besides, all that etched off copper costs
them money - chemistry or energy.

Do they have their plating line under control?  The plating thickness cross
the panel might vary significantly around the panel's edges

I'm befuddled.  Aren't they routing the boards - why would one board be
harder to remove than another?

Hans

Integrity First  -  Service Before Self  -  Excellence in All We Do
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hans M. Hinners
Electronics Engineer
Warner Robins - Air Logistics Center (WR-ALC/LUGE)
Special Operations Forces System Program Office (SOF - SPO)
Gunship Team
226 Cochran Street
Robins AFB GA 31098-1622

mailto:[log in to unmask]