TECHNET Archives

November 2001

From:
Andy Magee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:58:28 -0500
Daan,

I'd agree with Edward Szpruch, in that your flex supplier needs to tell
you more about his process and materials. It is very likely that the
same condition is buried under your rigid section too.

From my experience this sort of thing was related to the micro-etch
chemicals used just prior to application of the coverlay. For example,
it just takes the smallest of sodium persulfate crystals to cause what
you're seeing. Darkening of the spots with the application of heat, when
there is no apparent blister or bubble is a dead giveaway for chemical
contamination.

All the best,
Andy Magee - Flex Guru
Senior Consultant - Bourton Group