TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
"d. terstegge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:12:43 +0100
Hi Todd,

I don't know exactly what you are looking for, but some excellent starting points for information about board cleaning are:

http://www.residues.com/libraries1.htm
http://www.protonique.com/unepstoc
http://www.precisioncleaningweb.com

With the search-engine on http://www.smtinfo.net/smtlinks.html (that's my own webpage) you should be able to find some more URL's of interest.

Hope this helps,

Daan Terstegge
SMT Centre
Thales Communications
Unclassified mail
Personal Website: http://www.smtinfo.net

>>> "Schwarzkopf, Todd" <[log in to unmask]> 10/30 8:28 pm >>>
We have some boards that are coming from the assembly house that are failing
test.  We suspect that there is  residue from the flux still on the board.
I believe my assembly house uses a cleanable no-clean solder.  These are
high voltage boards.  I am very ignorant in this area and this is all of the
information my boss is telling me.  These boards used to be built in house
and worked.  They started failing after outsourcing our assemblies.  Can
someone give me some information and or links so I can educate myself on
this subject.  My boss wants me to come up with a cleaning specification for
our printed circuit assemblies.  I do not even know enough to ask questions.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Todd Schwarzkopf, C.I.D.
PCB Designer