TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
"d. terstegge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:47:00 +0200
Thanks Steve,

Here's some extra info about the picture:

Before my destructive experiments with removing the coverlayer (always a pleasure! ) this discoloration showed through as dark spots, some about 1 cm diameter. The material still looked flat, unlike most delaminations that I've seen, and that's why I'm not sure if this really is a delamination. After cutting the flex with scissors I found out that at these spots there is very bad adhesion between copperplane and coverlayer.
Although the copper has a greenish color, it looks smooth and shiny. This was already somewhat visible before assembly, but it became worse during reflow soldering.

Daan

>>> <[log in to unmask]> 07/30 3:32 pm >>>
Hi Everyone!

Still hot as Hades, here...looks like we're looking at +100-degree days all
this week!
They did an interesting thing on one of the local news station here to
illustrate how hot it gets inside a car, and why it's really crazy to leave
kids or pets inside cars when it gets this hot...they actually baked cookies
inside a car!!! Enough of that...

Daan's asked me to post a picture for him up on our web site. Go to:

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/index.html

I've got a picture of a flex-rigid board with a greenish spot on the
copperplane, under the coverlayer. I would like to know what this is, and if
it we should reject it or not.

Daan Terstegge
SMT Centre
Thales Communications