TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
"Tostevin, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:26:05 -0600
Phil,

If you're checking out machines with a joystick or similarly controlled
movable table (X - Y axis), make sure that the motion control features
permit accurate scanning under the highest magnification.  Under low mag
conditions, a stage with too much acceleration, jerkiness or too coarse an
increment can still look OK.  When the image is highly magnified, those
faults become incredibly frustrating because you do not have precise enough
control over the table to pass smoothly from one point to another along your
specimen.  Even though a system may have a "FAST / SLOW" feature, try it
out!

Bruce Tostevin
Benchmark Electronics
Hudson,NH