TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
"Busko, Wolfgang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:04:45 +0200
John,

I know this problem of heavy ground plane connection. Preheating the
assembly did help a lot.
"Long ago" in the age of PTH-IC´s they used to have solder iron tips to heat
all leads of a chip simultaniously mainly for rework purposes.
As I recall the oscillators do fit to those measures.
You could probably mount your solder iron, use flux and new solder for each
assy and dip it in the "pot" you created.

Haven´t tried it myself but seems to a less expensive methode if it works.

Good luck Wolfgang