TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
"FOX, Ian (York Rd)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:01:22 +0100
I have to agree with Neil, the figures quoted are well in excess of what we
find on a typical HASL board. With manufacturers trying to obtain the
flattest possible pads for fine pitch SM components, we've found it's not
uncommon to find Solderability issues arising from insufficient coverage,
particularly on the knee region of a PTH. Has anyone else seen this?

Ian Fox
Process Engineering Manager
TRW ASG