TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
"Buccieri, Rich" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:57:34 -0400
Here's two more cents...   Susan may be referring to pins that are made with
a retention feature that hold it in the board while soldering.  True
pressfit-type pins never require soldering unless there was a mistake made
in the hole size during PWB fabrication (hole too large).  To repeat, the
first step is to review the part spec.