TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
"McGlaughlin, Jeffrey A" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:35:56 -0400
  I will assume that the complainer is due to an over zealous spell-checker
and that you meant to say co-planer. My limited RF experience as taught me
that the only *complainers* involved with RF circuit boards tend to be the
circuit design engineer. ( I need more ground...you can't put ground under
that part...can't you just place it like its drawn in the schematic...)
  For a good grounding in RF design you should check on attending Rick
Hartley's
seminar on "High-speed Design for PCB Designers", Rick does a great job at
cutting out all the frills and covering the information you need to do the
design. You might also want to invest in a copy of Howard Johnson and Martin
Graham's book -
High Speed Digital Design: A Handbook of Black Magic. Check Amazon, they
have a special on it paired with Clyde Coombs' Printed Circuits Handbook.

Good Luck,
Jeffrey A. McGlaughlin CID
Sr. Designer
Battelle Memorial Institute