TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
"Elensky, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:28:44 -0700
Howard,

        Test the tile before destroying.  We have learned some flooring will
work as ESD flooring, although it's not marketed as such.

        If you must install something, I would suggest an epoxy slurry floor
coating.  The material is applied at 0.090" thick.  Can be applied over
nearly ANYTHING.  It fills cracks and small voids.  They can add the
appropriate fixtures for grounding, as needed.

        The finished product is durable enough for fork lift traffic.  The
surface is non-slip, even wet.  Installation was done over a weekend and it
took 4 days to fully cure.

        Cost was around $2/sq. ft.

        I believe it was a 3M product, it was several years ago.

Richard Elensky
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer

Tel:  559-292-1111  x246
Fax:  559-292-9355