TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
"<Peter George Duncan>" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:19:05 +0800
If the IC's were moisture sensitive, they usually come in trays wrapped in
barrier bags, not tubes. Least ways, I've never met any in tubes. Moisture
control is 10% RH or less and 25C or less, and cabinets are available that
go down to 3% RH.

Peter Duncan

                    Michael Bell
                    <Michael.Bell@        To:     [log in to unmask]
                    GPC.CO.NZ>            cc:     (bcc: DUNCAN Peter/Asst Prin Engr/ST Aero/ST Group)
                    Sent by:              Subject:     Re: [TN] IC Storage
                    TechNet

                    10/09/01 04:07
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to "TechNet
                    E-Mail Forum."

What are you trying to protect the I/C's from???

If it is a moisture issue, you should probably store them in a low humidity
incubator.  These are quite readily avalible and can be promoted as either
an incubator of humidity chamber.  The idea is just to maintain a humidity
of 15% or lower (I think) at ambient.

If it is simply a static issue, I tend to agree with Eric.

Cheers