TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
Bill Raymond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 11:17:28 -0400
Thanks Darrel for your thoughts... as an added note, the test group only
uses this method to help isolate faults, not as any part of some thermal
shock type of test.  These "faults" usually being of the intermittent
variety.  I am simply worried that the method of freeze mist/hot air gun
fault isolation is only needlessly stress solder joints (especially the BGA
joints) and that we should find another method to isolate there
intermittent board faults.

Bill...