DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Mitch Morey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:47:45 -0800
Hi,

I'm a long time allegro user, and would suggest learing thru the online
tutorial you get when you have allegro installed. It's come a long way
from the past, and seems pretty useable now. My partner who's a PADS
designer was going thru it for a couple days, and found it to be quite
workable. It gave him a chance to see the parallels of the two systems.
Outside of that, I don't know anyone that does allegro training other
than  Cadence. BTW, allegro is only one part of the puzzle. You'll also
need training to get your front-end netlist in, and you'll probably also
need training to use specctra (autorouter).

Let me know if I can be of more service. I could certainly help out if
you were local to San Diego.

Have a great day.

Mitch