TECHNET Archives

September 2001

Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:14:29 -0700
If the no-clean hand soldering wire is classified as "Rosin based, low
residue (<0.5% solids)", is it safe to "not clean" the assemblies? What
if the amount of flux residue is a concern?

If everything unchanged, how would one choose between a low residue
(ROL1 as per J std-004) solder wire as supposed to "no residue" (ROL0)?

Peter