TECHNET Archives

September 2001

From:
Kathy Kuhlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:51:58 -0500
I would start by deciding if the process qualification can be done by product or by process.  By product would be my choice.   I would devise a quality plan that lists the process and also includes customer requirements/expectations.  Then from that I would confirm that the process is capable and the operator who perform the task are competent.  That is the inputs that ISO-9000:2000 will be looking for.  From that I would perform in process checks to prove if the process is correct and still capable.  These checks become the outputs for you to judge the process by.  Then a quick acknowledgment at the end to say yea or nay to it should be fine.  Be careful about processes that can degrade a component's life but not cause a latent failure.

Kathy

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type> <META content="MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307" name=GENERATOR></HEAD> <BODY style="FONT: 10pt Haettenschweiler; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px"> <DIV>I would start by deciding if the process qualification can be done by product or by process.&nbsp; By product&nbsp;would be my choice.&nbsp;&nbsp; I would devise a quality plan that lists the process and also includes customer requirements/expectations.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then from that I would confirm that&nbsp;the process is capable and the operator who perform the task are competent.&nbsp; That is the inputs that&nbsp;ISO-9000:2000 will be looking for.&nbsp; From that I would perform in process checks to prove if the process is correct and still capable.&nbsp; These checks become the outputs for you to judge the process by.&nbsp; Then a quick acknowledgment at the end to say yea or nay to it should be fine.&nbsp; Be careful about processes that can degrade a component's life but not cause a latent failure.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Kathy </DIV></BODY></HTML>