TECHNET Archives

September 2001

From:
Jack Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:22:02 -0500
The message below is a repost FYI. A 2nd msg will be posted with the actual minutes of the meeting.
Jack

APEX - the industry's premier trade show in Electronics
Manufacturing, January 22-24, 2002, San Diego, California.
More information on website www.goapex.org
--------
Jack Crawford, IPC Director of Assembly Standards and Technology
2215 Sanders Road, Northbrook IL  60062-6135
847-790-5393
fax 847-504-2393

>>> Dieter Bergman 09/27/01 12:07PM >>>
To: All interested parties in Optoelectronics standardization

Subject:  Minutes of first strategy meeting and notice of next meeting

Dear Colleagues,

Attached please find [THEY HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO TEXT AND WILL BE POSTED AS A SECOND TECHNET MSG DUE TO SIZE] copies of the minutes of the first strategy meeting held at JDS Uniphase posted by Paul Magill.  When you read the minutes, you will see that a great deal was accomplished in the short two days that the group met in Melbourne, FL on September 20-21.

At this time, we draw your attention to the fact that we have developed an outline and that have been assigned a number by ANSI of J-STD-040.  The title of the new joint standard will be "Optoelectronic Assembly and Packaging Technology."

Our next meetings are in October and we invite you to participate.  The first October meeting will be the 13th in Orlando, FL on the last day of the IPC Annual meeting at:

The Rosen Centre Hotel
9840 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819-8122
407-996-9840

The purpose of that meeting is to continue the development of the standard and solicit your input and involvement.

We also have scheduled a second meeting in October for those of you who are not able to attend the Orlando meeting.  This second meeting will be held at IPC Headquarters on October 22-23, 2001.

Each meeting builds on the previous activity.  If you are not able to attend any of the meetings and still want to be involved, send us your comments and your input and we will make sure that these items are discussed at the meetings.

Once again, we would like to thank the management of JDS Uniphase and Paul Magill for getting this important project started.  The group that met has already identified 22 specific standards that will be developed once the J-STD-040 is completed.

If you are able to attend either meeting, please send an email to Jeanne Cooney at <[log in to unmask]> letting us know that you will be participating.

We thank you for your continued involvement and participation.

Cordially,

Dieter Bergman