TECHNET Archives

September 2001

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:30:07 -0500
Peter and all,

I'm really not nitpicky about much of anything but for my women, machinery,
equipment, tools, food, beer, and documentation. Therefore, design
requirements are standards or rules - not specifications. Specifications
contain specific (wow - specific is in specifications, never thought of that
before, or not) concerning criteria about what is acceptable, or not. Is
this making any sense to anyone else? What a day and I know everyone already
knows this stuff.

IPC used to provide only guidelines from which standards and specifications
could be formulated. After contracting to do all the MIL stuff, things
changed much for the better except for some semi-serious MIL stuff still
left for us all to grunt through. Still, IPC standards and specifications
are not enough for some as they modify, as required these documents to suit
even more specific internal requirements. We're all familiar with Nortel,
HP, Compaq, and unique defense contractor requirements.

I really don't know why I am writing this but for my opening statement.
Maybe bordem setting in or just getting too old to know better. Speaking of
old, where the hell is Kelly these days?

Moonman