TECHNET Archives

September 2001

Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 07:38:54 -0500
Hi Steve - I have one data point I can share! I know of a leadfree wave
solder process which is using the Sn96/Ag4 solder alloy in a standard
solder pot (I'll find out the specific configuration today) which has been
operational for 3 years. The solder pot has shown no signs of degradation
due to the Sn96 alloy. There are a number of different coatings and lining
materials (e.g. titanium, ceramic coatings, vapor deposited barriers) which
can be used to render a wave solder pot non-reactive to a high tin content
solder  - but we'll pay a bit more for the solder pots in the future!

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

"Stephen R. Gregory" <[log in to unmask]>@IPC.ORG> on 09/19/2001 10:08:46 PM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  TechNet <[log in to unmask]>