TECHNET Archives

September 2001

From:
Jack Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:26:36 -0500
Over the last several days some messages were posted that were related to this weeks terrorist attacks. Your IPC staff has of course had the same kinds of feelings that most of the rest of the world has.  Sharing of various clips can serve as a pressure relief valve for the poster. One posting in particular came from a Canadian source expressing appreciation for his US friends has been very prevalent.  I believe I've now received it and a couple of others over 50 times from various friends both here in the states and other places in the world.

There was, unfortunately, a posting from Graham that could perhaps have been worded better and it evoked some responses that were no more appropriate. Those of us who have been on Technet for very long are aware of the technical support that Graham willingly shares. No, I don't believe his postings to be completely self-serving just because he is part of the supplier community.

I ask that you read his msg below and hopefully you can accept if for the sincerity that I truly believe it contains. I know Graham personally and he is a gracious person of the type we would all like to have as a friend.

Any additional discussions should be one-on-one with Graham and NOT on this forum please, his email address is [log in to unmask]

I keep wanting this horror movie to be over so I can leave the theater and return to a normal world.
Jack

>>> "Graham Naisbitt" <[log in to unmask]> 09/14/01 04:35AM >>>
Jack,

I ask that you consider placing this message to the TechNet

Fellow Technetters,

I offer you my absolute unreserved apology for the posting that I made
earlier this week.

I know that many of you will not accept this offering, which will be very
much regretted. Nevertheless, I trust that I may, at some point, be
forgiven. I also appreciate that all the words in the world, will never
satisfy some people, but I must try nevertheless.

It was NEVER my intention to cast a slur upon your great nation at a time of
such horrendous devastation. Why did I say what I said? Because I have some
friends as yet unaccounted for that were in the WTC, because I too share
your enormous grief and perhaps it was simply because of the scale of my
personal shock at the appalling events of Tuesday. Under such circumstances
and in such a frame of mind, my human response was to react on behalf of so
many other honourable people and nations being criticised at such a time.

What was said was a personal opinion, it was and has nothing to do with
Concoat, its staff and personnel - all of whom will be observing 3 minutes
silence today, in honour and respect for this massive human tragedy. I can
only ask for your understanding. I hope my friends have survived.

I have submitted this message on a personal basis to Jack Crawford at the
IPC with the request that he post it on my behalf to all subscribers. I am
sorry.
Regards, Graham Naisbitt