TECHNET Archives

September 2001

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:21:44 -0400
Dear American friends,
I have watched the events of today unfold with horror and amazement.  We
have heard a report that among the truly incredible number killed that New
York has lost over two hundred of its brave firefighters.  We're sort of far
away and in reality you can only get so many people around a concentrated
disaster site, but Canadian rescue teams are ready to come and help if
called.  Over 100 American planes have landed in our country, forced from
their normal routes.  We will do what we can to make the people on them feel
welcome, safe and provide what comfort we can.  I just mention these things
to let you know that as a country, besides our thoughts and prayers, we are
ready to act to help our neighbour during this terrible time.

regards,
Bev Christian
Canada