DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:08:57 -0700
Hi Kevin!

Sorry for the delay, but I've been driving across
half the country to work with Caterpillar, in Peoria
Illinois (I never realized how big America is!)
I'm a temp here, learning Mentor Boardstation.

If you ever wondered if it would be great to learn
the famous big expensive unix-based Mentor system
(I hate to disillusion you, but) I haven't seen
anything worthy of the hype or the money. (except
for "mouse strokes", those are cool)
The Veribest interactive route editor kicks ass by
comparison, but fortunately the new Mentor can link
to it (its called en2000.5) or I would be dead in
the water as a designer here.

Anyway, things are going good, how's SoCal? Are you
still having IPC designer council meetings there?

seeya,
Jack