DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Hybiske, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:39:24 -0400
Gary,

Several of us here use the Matrox Dual Head board and 2 monitors with great
success. We have 21" monitors for our primary work such as board design, and
a 17" for the schematic layout.  Our tools, Zuken Visula and System
Designer, communicate with each other, so it's a real plus to select a
component in the schematic on one screen, and have it snap onto the cursor
when you drag it into the other screen.  It is essential that you download
the new drivers from Matrox as our supplied drivers were very buggy.  Also,
experiment and/or read the instructions as different settings will give
mixed results. One colleague thought he had a display problem that turned
out to be a minor setting in the setup table.  It takes a lot of room on the
desk, but we're sold on it.

Tom Hybiske
Bose Corporation
The Mountain