TECHNET Archives

August 2001

From:
"Busko, Wolfgang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:41:43 +0200
Hi Dennis,

I don´t think that copper is in this game. It seems that this is caused by
the Ni/Au process.
Yes, these are pads for a QFP with 20mil pitch and I took the pictures from
the worst sample to be found. So not all of them show this symptom just a
couple of boards.
My concern is could this be regarded as only cosmetical nature or something
to worry about? There´s nothing else to notice and solderability seems OK.
We would go the way with cross section only if there were a suspected danger
with this phenomenom due to our tight timeschedule.
If I knew that there were any danger with this I would suggest further
analysis but without funded arguements my boss will rip my head of for
blasting the schedule (we already are weeks after schedule with this job).

Wolfgang