TECHNET Archives

August 2001

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:27:54 -0400
Guy,

Thanks for the input.  We use torque specifications relative to the
screw diameter and these seem to dovetail with the device manufacturer's
specs.  In several applications we use either "snap-in" clips or
"screw-down" clips.  These are on our larger extruded heat sinks.  The
stamped small fin heat sinks is where we mostly use the thermal grease.

Phil