TECHNET Archives

August 2001

From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:34:04 EDT
OK, time to get factual on electroless nickel/immersion gold.

The IPC electroless nickel/immersion gold plating committee is in the final
vote on a proposed standard for this fabrication step.  To get your copy,
send a request to "[log in to unmask]" with the subject line "REQUEST IPC-4552".
  You will get a draft copy of the standard along with the response I have
attached below.

In the section on thickness, the current wording is that 3-5 microinches is
typical, and no readings less than 2 microinches occur considering a 4 sigma
spread in your thickness readings.  Thickness measurement method is closely
defined.

August 29 is proposed cut-off date for official IPC Company Representatives
to reply on this proposal

Denny Fritz
MacDermid, Inc

***********************************
Subject:    Re: REQUEST IPC-4552 (Draft Attached)

Per your recent e-mail, we have attached the Proposal of IPC-4552
"Specification for Electroless Nickel/Immersion Gold (ENIG) Plating for
Printed Circuit Boards" for your review.  It is a .pdf file and can be opened
with freeware Adobe Acrobat Reader (www.adobe.com). If you have any problems
opening the attached file, please contact us immediately.

A separate e-mail with a form on which you can provide your comments will
also be sent. Please return the form via e-mail:

TO: [log in to unmask]
SUBJECT: COMMENT IPC-4552

as soon as possible or by August 29, 2001 at the latest.

We appreciate your taking the time to review and comment on this document.

Cordially,
Jane Koh
Director of PWB, Standards and Technology
IPC - Association Connecting Electronics Industries®

Voice: (847) 790-5349
Fax: (847) 504-2349
E-mail: [log in to unmask]