TECHNET Archives

August 2001

From:
Iain Braddock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:05:47 +0100
BDY.RTF (172 lines)
Graham, Doug Et al,

First let me say, thank you for your candid responses, secondly, on
reflection perhaps I should have been a little more specific with the
information I provided so I'll put the record straight.

The issue is a little delicate but in a nutshell a foreign OEM is
carrying out some work for us who use only WS flux; historically they
used RMA but in 1997 they had CSL carry out a SIR exercise with a view
to converting to WS.
The work they are carrying out for us is quite low-tech but nevertheless
requires qualification therefore they carried out a similar exercise
(with CSL) using the two types of WS fluxes they now process.  The test
vehicles used were the IPC B36 boards with PLCC's soldered to them using
all their relevant processes, indicative of the component technology to
be assembled.

Sample SEC/ROSE testing will be carried out by them as part of their
process controls, the consideration of the Ion Chromatography was to
analyse the first of the production standard boards having watched them
being built as unfortunately I wasn't there to witness the SIR exercise.

Iain.