TECHNET Archives

August 2001

Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:23:19 -0500
Hi Doug,
How can I see to it that I obtain some information on the CSL Umpire board
you mention in this message, when the relevant work is complete ? Where
will it be possible to obtain these boards ?

*That board is presently available from CSL. Being the designer, I am
rather proud of it. You can either get the manufacturing package and have
your fabricator of choice make them with your materials, or can buy them in
some stock configurations.  Either contact CSL at 765-457-8095 or from
their web site, www.residues.com.  I also have the necessary files if you
problems getting them from CSL.  They have also been turned over to the IPC
for general use.

*If you look in this month's Circuits Assembly Magazine, the Process Doctor
column has some data developed with that board.

Should these questions be addressed to Jack Crawford or someone else at IPC
?

*The task group working on this issue is the ISO/IEC Soldering Materials
Standards Coordination Task Group (5-24e) headed by Joe Felty of Raytheon.
A cumbersome title so I just call it the Felty task group.  We next meet at
IPC on October 12.  At present, we are a small group with most of the
stalwarts of the SIR world, but you can ask our new IPC Liaison, Saulius
Polteraitis, to add you to the mailing list.  Or, you can just ask me
periodically.

Doug Pauls
Rockwell Collins