TECHNET Archives

August 2001

From:
"Lush, Dorothy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:20:32 -0700
Wolfgang,

If you want something to be a certain way and it is different than the
specifications you have contractually agreed to then put what you want in
the assembly drawing you provide the contract manufacturer. Also it would
behoove you to provide or agree to pay for any (NRE) tooling that would
insure soldering the connectors correctly the first time and/or mechanically
testing their alignment before being shipped to you.

As for rework how big (a pain in the behind) is this connector or
connectors? How thick is your PCB? Is this connector tied in a big way to a
power or ground plane, I.E. are we going to be pulling the barrels out with
the connector pins? How is this connector installed normally? Have you
thought about pressfit?

Dorothy Lush
Manufacturing Engineer