LEADFREE Archives

August 2001

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Ed Valentine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ed Valentine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:48:29 -0400
In My Honest Opinion splitting the Leadfree forum would be very
short-sighted. To blindly accept a decision by the EU or any other group and
say that is the way it is, is ludicrous. Such statements, and although I
respect the diversity of opinions, say to me that we need to click our heels
and all march in step, rightly or wrongly.

The Leadfree and other IPC forums are free forums where intelligent
practitioners should not only express their technical information, but also
their opinions, as long as they are relevant to the subjects at hand.

As far as what consumers want, they want reliable, quality products, at
reasonable costs. If I were still making heart pacemakers in the medical
electronics industry, I would go with the most reliable processes and
materials. If that meant Tin-Lead solder in lieu of Leadfree, so be it and
we would then work out the disposal issues. But lets keep our eyes and ears
open, and not stick our collective heads in the sand.

Ed Valentine
Electronics Manufacturing Solutions
8612 Mourning Dove Road, Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: (919) 270-5145, Fax: (919) 847-9971
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.ems-consulting.com