LEADFREE Archives

August 2001

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 21:34:24 +0100
I do not want to see a separate forum at this time.

Although I am not sure that it does any good the present round of
submissions is of interest as it is - so far  anyway - a pretty
rational and well reasoned discussion of issues, and is of interest as
a debate in itself anyway. It helps us to understand more of how we
got into this situation.
I would like to see more reports of progress on evaluations, lead free
finishes, component manufacturers comments and so on, but recognise
that this may not be possible. We are after all going down this road
for marketing reasons as much as anything else and therefore
disclosures may not be permitted by some companies to retain perceived
commercial advantage.

Mike