LEADFREE Archives

August 2001

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Ryan Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:18:41 -0600
Davy,

A classic example of researchers accepting grant money for bogus reasons
because "it for a good cause", is the Loch Ness Monster.  When public
notoriety of the Loch Ness Monster reached an all time high, local
legislators finally appropriated millions to the search for the monster.
Researchers flocked to grab the money in order to conduct research.  Now,
none of the researchers believed there was a monster, but....it "allowed
legitimate marine research on deep Lochs".  Granted, valuable science did
come from the research, its just unfortunate how it came about.  (By the
way.....there is no lake monster).

Kind Regards

Ryan Grant
Advanced Technology Engineer