TECHNET Archives

July 2001

From:
Andrew Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:13:05 +0100
By silver glue I guess you might be referring to a silver loaded adhesive or
ink whereby the silver is encapsulated in an epoxy or PVC or polyester or a
even phenolic system. For there to be migration there would have to be
dissolution in one form or another of the silver, generally it would have to
be exposed to moisture for this to happen, hence the encapsulation by a
silicone would prevent moisture ingression and reduce the risk of migration.
I can't say for certain because I don't know the material you're working
with, but if your 'glue' is properly set then I suspect the silver will be
protected sufficiently unless your product is subjected to some form of
extreme condition or use.

Andrew Hoggan
BBA Associates Ltd
www.bba-associates.com