TECHNET Archives

July 2001

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 12:21:29 -0400
That is not how I interpret 5.4. I discussed this with one of our Master
Instructors, we interpret 5.4 as a requirement ensuring that your handling
and storage methods have not degraded solderability. It does not suggest how
you should do this nor is there a requirement for objective evidence.

Perhaps you could store coupons with comparable finishes and record test
results, there may be even simpler ways. If material in your process is
known to pass J-STD-002 and is less than 6 months old and you can show good
solderability on sample material that is one year old. I suggest you have
complied with 5.4.  Just remember your process control system must be
available for review and is subject to approval by your customer.

Guy Ramsey
Senior Lab Technician / Instructor

E-Mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Ph: (610) 362-1200 x107
Fax: (610) 362-1290