TECHNET Archives

July 2001

From:
Eric Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:20:59 +0100
Tony,
I know the problem you describe.
A couple of years ago I worked on a project developing a screen cleaner
using moving bar spray. It did a good job on stencils using SC200  but
always failed to remove completely solder particles from mis-printed boards.
Even with all the flux removed the solder particles insisted on staying in
the interstices formed by the solder resist. My discussions with the
chemists at Dr Wack Chemie, in Germany led me to believe that the problem
was associated with the surface free energy/tension of the materials
involved. Their chemists were working on an additive to help this problem
but I left that particular employment before any result.
Your local distributor of Vigon should be able to follow this up.
Alternatively, a high pressure spray directed to the problem areas seemed to
do the trick but this would need to be manually operated or the equipment
could be very expensive.
Hope this helps
Regards
Eric Dawson