TECHNET Archives

July 2001

From:
David Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 19:50:51 -0700
Guy,

We agree that if all we had was J-STD-001C, 5.2 Solderability, we probably
would not be having this conversation.

. but we do have J-STD-001C, 5.4 Solderability Maintenance.  We also agree
that 5.4 applies to components, parts, etc. that come from the stockroom,
kitting, component prep, sequencing, machine insertion, machine placement,
hand insertion, or similar areas up-stream of all soldering processes.

5.4 says that if you don't solder the components, parts, etc. that you
checked for solderability in 5.2 right away, but instead put them in a
stockroom, kitted them, prepared them, sequenced them, machine inserted
them, machine placed them, hand inserted them, or similar things; then you
need to check the solderability of every component, part, etc. that you did
those things to prior to starting a soldering operation on that component,
part, etc.

Dave Fish