TECHNET Archives

July 2001

Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:39:08 -0500
Perhaps I am being a little over sensitive? Is there any guidance in this
area?

**Mike, I don't think you are being over sensitive, but I think you have
been on Technet long enough to see some of the suppliers get well and truly
roasted when their comments are perceived to wander into the Realm of Spam
by some of our, how shall I say this, more reactive and zealous
participants.  I'm sure my friend Graham Naisbitt could write volumes on
the issue.  Have the death threats decreased at all Graham?  There are
those on this list who have zero tolerance for any product specific info,
no matter how tastefully presented, and are a little too fast on the Reply
key, in my opinion.  Consequently, when most of us "old-hands" have product
specific information, we adopt the "contact me off-line" approach.  Not
everyone may be interested in the response or the use of additional
bandwidth, and it minimizes the hassles from the Net Nazis.  In addition,
the suppliers might not like what some of us users have to say, and I make
enough enemies as it is.   For example, you might not like what I have to
say about the SIR characteristics of one of your pastes and would not like
to see me spouting it out all over the net.

Overall, the forum does an excellent job in the free flow of ideas and
information, but is a mite sensitive when it comes to "perceived"
marketing.

Doug Pauls
Rockwell Collins