TECHNET Archives

July 2001

From:
Andrew Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:29:19 +0100
A little note on water based fluxes.

It is my and my colleagues experience that many assemblers use too much flux
especially in the case of water based fluxes. It's always a good idea to put
the extra effort into running a few trials turning down the application rate
or application pressure to reduce the volume of flux applied. As implied
below it is also critical to dry the boards with sufficient preheat, but the
first step should be to turn down the flux volume.

Best regards,

Andrew Hoggan
BBA Associates Ltd
www.bba-associates.ltd