TECHNET Archives

July 2001

From:
"Busko, Wolfgang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:39:23 +0200
John,

I just tried to adjust my Monitor after moving to another office, nope, that
would work for those DELICATE moving, turning and tilting operations you
wish to perform under your mircroscope.
It´s vital to have the right materials, weight and area to have a solid
support for your different UUT´s and at the same time a smooth and easy
maneuverability of the plate ( I would call it "ruckelfrei").
Our plate is made out of solid stone 2cm thick and 40cm in diameter enough
to give the appropriate support for our assemblies that range from 5cmx5cm
to 36cmx32cm.
The first prototypes were made out of kitchentools back in the 80ties just
to  test the principles and have developed over the years to more practical
and adequate size and materials.
I think that similar devices exists and if they do their job as needed ...

It´s hard to convince me of something but quoting one equipment supplier, if
I´m convinced he´s sure to have the right thing.

The small items, the details amke the success

Wolfgang