TECHNET Archives

July 2001

From:
Suresh Parmar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:56:03 +1000
Currently we have a PCA (Printed Circuit Assembly) which is sensitive to
high humidity. Due to the sensitivity of the circuit we believe the failure
mode is possibly related to the presence of contamination on the PCA.
To measure the level of contamination on the PCA and to control the level
of contamination to industrial standards, can anyone recommend the standard
that should be referenced, the level of contamination that is common in
industry and the method of testing.
The PCA is a double sided SMT assembly using no clean solder paste and no
clean solder wire for the few through hole components. For this type of
assembly should I use the Omega Test or the SIR Test or any other test and
what is the acceptable industrial levels.

Regards

Suresh Parmar
Manufacturing Engineer

This communication is intended to be received only by the individual or
entity to which it is addressed and contains information that is confidential
and subject to copyright and may be legally privileged. Any unauthorised
use, copying, review or disclosure is prohibited. Please contact the sender
if you receive it in error.