TECHNET Archives

July 2001

From:
Richard Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:33:15 -0700
Lou,

Good question and good responses so far.

There are a lot of factors which can be part of the condition of the pot. I
think you are very correct in being sensitive to this 'important material
in our manufacturing process'. Since you have been doing monthly tests for
some period of time I would suggest using that data as a baseline and let
that tell you how often you need to do a test.

In the meantime document the process relative to the test results and when
there is a significant change to the process you may want to resume testing
on a monthly basis again until you can validate that the new process
warrants either continued monthly or every 6 month testing. Remember,
although the soldering process is the soldering process, everyone does
things a little different which has its own cause and effect on the
elements of any process.

Good luck!

Richard