TECHNET Archives

July 2001

From:
Edward Szpruch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 07:28:00 +0200
Lou,
As Tim,I am is HASL area,but the principle is the same,but in your case
possible contamination of the solder might be even quicker: in HASL the
incoming stuff is bare copper and in case of in-house HASL we know more or
less what is no the boards.In your case most of contamination is coming from
solder on the boards and this is not so predictable, since the in-coming
solder is melted in your wave and stay in.If you are soldering PCB with
alternative finishing ( ENIG,Silver etc) your situation might be even worst.
By the way,we are performing over here daily solder cleaning procedure and
the samples for solder composition are sent each 10 calendar days to the
supplier - free of charge as service.
Edward
Edward Szpruch
Eltek , Manager of Process Engineering
P.O.Box 159 ; 49101 Petah Tikva Israel
Tel  ++972 3 9395050 , Fax  ++972 3 9309581
e-mail   [log in to unmask]