DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Kozlyk, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:08:16 -0600
Don't know if it is an option BUT;

I worked on a electronic Wheel Chair Controller, also
drawing40-60 amps DC and had DC motors switched with Power Fets...

The mechanical relays used were off the shelf, BUT the software
controlled relays had a delay whereby the relays would NOT switch till
all current was at 0, then they would switch on/off.

This avoided contact arcing & pitting, which at those currents would not
take long....

Same thing, I used IR Power MosFets....great parts they were....

Hope that helps...\\
TDK