LEADFREE Archives

July 2001

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Jim Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 22:54:43 -0400
Dear All:

Gordon has been performing exceptionally valuable work digging into the research and
identifying the scientific fallacies of the trumped-up environmentalists. Isn't it time we
rallied together and declared "Gordon (and the handful of others who have pushed for the truth
over the past year or so) is right. We're mad as heck and we're not going to let self-styled
angels steamroll our industry"? If we can find the energy to post several dozen questionably
mirthful ripostes about how to dispose of dead bodies, surely we can find as much ambition to
declare the lead hazard an urban myth.

Here's a suggestion. Let's all write to President Bush (who hasn't put environmental issues --
even plausibly significant matters -- anywhere on his agenda) and tell him how the lead-free
movement will damage our industry and global competitiveness. Include our credentials (Gordon
has a Ph.D. and more than a quarter century of experience in the relevant field, for Pete's
sake) and suggest the President's office compare our credentials with the environmentalists'.
That's how real lobbying is done.

Thanks for reading.

Jim Smith
Managing Director