TECHNET Archives

June 2001

From:
Steve Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:46:37 -0400
Hello World,

We are faced with having to change the supplies that we use to make our
silver film.  We have been using the Dupont PGL-7 film (a.k.a. AGFA's
HTU3 GL7) with the AGFA G101c and G333c developer and fixer.  While we
have a blue argon laser and our humidity and temperature is not as good
as I'd like to see, the film quality is excellent.  My supplier wants me
to change to  Dupont's ImageMaster IMO film     with the ImageMaster
chemistry.  From what I can see this new film and chemistry is not rapid
access.  ...bad thing is that rapid access chemistry seems to be much
easier to make up and maintain.  I went through a similar change at
another company and we went from re-batching the processor once every
other month to weekly in addition to wiping down the rollers every
shift.  Apparently, the non-rapid access chemistry gets gunky rather
quickly which then gets on the film, rollers, and transfers between
tanks, contaminating the fixer, rinse, and dryer as well as getting
stuck to and dried onto the film.  I'm looking for input from others who
may have had similar experiences, may know what rapid access is and
could explain it, or comments from those who now use the ImageMaster
film.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Steve Underwood
Engineering Manager