TECHNET Archives

June 2001

From:
Ted Tontis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:46:38 -0500
I was reading the latest issue of circuitree in was a article on the effects
of surface finish on high frequency.
http://www.circuitree.com/CDA/ArticleInformation/coverstory/BNPCoverStoryIte
m/0,2135,26684,00.html I pasted a link to the article as I would butcher it
if I tried to summarize the article article. They did state that after a
number of tests the results where that immersion silver was better then ENIG
in preventing signal loss. Also in this issue was a add for OSP for mixed
metal finishes. I am not a assembler just a designer, so I do not know how
long they have been on the market or if anyone has tried them. the names
where Glicoat SMD E2L, and Glicoat SMD F2. They state that one could reach a
thinner coating of there product compared to most on the market. I do not
put much faith an add, what looks good on paper does not mean it looks good
in the real world. www.electrochemicals.com I would be interested too find
out if anyone has tried this product and had better results.

Ted