TECHNET Archives

June 2001

Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:54:03 -0500
Hi Cormac! There are large number of pros and cons to consider when
comparing OSP vs HASL. I would recommend signing up for a class on surface
finishes in conjunction with either an SMTA or IPC conference. The SMTA
conference in Chicago in October has a surface finish class given by Jenny
Hwang and I'll bet that the IPC Fall conference in Orlando in October has a
surface finish class by Mike Carano. Either class would give you a detailed
comparison of OSP and a number of the alternative solderable finishes
versus HASL. Also, IPC has conference proceedings from  3 Surface Finish
Conferences (Bloomington MN 1997, Austin TX 1998, Irvine CA 1999) which
contain a wealth of technical articles which could be useful to you (check
the IPC website for the proceedings availability). Good Luck.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

Cormac MacMahon <[log in to unmask]>@IPC.ORG> on 06/28/2001
11:56:46 AM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
      to Cormac MacMahon <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  TechNet <[log in to unmask]>