TECHNET Archives

June 2001

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:12:31 -0400
Using the spacers is nice, but we found that it increased our assembly time
too much.  What we have done is either kink the leads or find a body
size/lead configuration that kept the meniscus out of the hole and all parts
at a uniform height.  Another thing we did was to standardize our lead
spacing as much as possible so when Engineering changed a component value we
did not have to re-spin the bare board for a lead spacing issue.

Just one engineer's opinion.

Phil