TECHNET Archives

June 2001

From:
Allen Hu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 04:57:34 -0500
Dear Dennis,

How are you? Hope everything is fine with you.
I found a mail you replied on the IPC TECHNET on Thu, 8 Feb 2001 as below;
"The Alternate Final Finishes Committee of IPC (5-23d) has nearly completed
round robin "conditioning" study of 4 final board finishes with bare copper
and reflowed tin/lead as controls.  This study is to develop models of
solderability after various hold times from 8 to 1000 hours, at humidities
of
30 to 95% relative, and temperatures from 50 to 95C.  While this will not
make an aging model for anyone, the results should allow you to compare the
finishes on your boards to those in the study.   If you wish to compare your
results to what we stress the finishes to, perhaps you can develop a model."

Now I am trying to find out the shelf life test method of the different
metal finishing type of PCB, like IMG,IMG,OSP, Immersion Tin...
If you would like to send me the further infomation of Alternate Final
Finishes Committee of IPC (5-23d), I think it will be great helpful to me!

Thanks,

Alleen Hu