TECHNET Archives

June 2001

From:
Kathy Kuhlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:54:46 -0500
In the past the companies I have worked for typically had the following rule:  If the PCB is found defective and the supplier has supplied us with a c of c we held their feet to the fire for the complete cost.  We had to have this discussion with the suppliers first hand but in a few instances we hadn't.  The supplier salesperson will normally look at it just as you have $1500 big deal it's not worth the dissatisfaction.  As far as the lab we always had the lab costs paid for by the person at fault.  In other words if the lab results pointed to the supplier as the problem then the supplier had to pay the lab costs.  If the results pointed to us then we paid.

Hope this helps.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type> <META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=GENERATOR></HEAD> <BODY style="FONT: 10pt Haettenschweiler; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px"> <DIV>In the past the companies I have worked for typically had the following rule:&nbsp; If the PCB is found defective and the supplier has supplied us with a c of c we held their feet to the fire for the complete cost.&nbsp; We had to have this discussion with the suppliers first hand but in a few instances we hadn't.&nbsp; The supplier salesperson will normally look at it just as you have $1500 big deal it's not worth the dissatisfaction.&nbsp; As far as the lab we always had the lab costs paid for by the person at fault.&nbsp; In other words if the lab results pointed to the supplier as the problem then the supplier had to pay the lab costs.&nbsp; If the results pointed to us then we paid.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Hope this helps. </DIV></BODY></HTML>